Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Know, I Know.....

IT HAS BEEN FOREVER SINCE I BLOGGED.

I'm ok with that. Part of me wants to stop blogging altogether, because rumor has it that blogging has lost its' flair. And my schedule just hasn't been too blogger-friendly, with all the design appointments and cooking time I am logging with this "Clean Foods" diet.

But for now I will continue...Here are my excuses for slacking lately on the blog:

1. Moving back home took a lot of energy.

2. I had a rush of clients at years' end...and I LOVED it.

3. It was the Holidays, for crying out loud!


To sum things up, the update is:
We moved back home...and it has been fun to reorganize and set up rooms in different ways than they used to be....





We moved straight from "Getting Settled" into "Christmas Shopping" and the crazy end-of-year schedules.
It was so fun to spoil our boys this year with gifts targeted to their ironically different age groups.

Stayton got a Kindle Fire HD...
This photo was one of the last ones I had to take with my iPad! Anthony got me an iphone for Christmas, and the photos are far better!!


And Jake got a very slow 4-Wheeler!



We got lots of great quality family time with both my side of the family, as well as Anthony's side. Jake got more cousin time than he bargained for!!







We decided as a family that at the New Year (once we arrived home from travels) that we would venture into the world of "Clean Eating." That basically means zero processed foods. And also tons of time in the kitchen. Which is ok! I love to cook, but it's the clean up now that is constant. But hey...it's worth it if we all feel healthier!

Some photos from our transition:





Like I said....CONSTANT kitchen clean-up now! Whew....

We are now, as a family, moving fully into 2014 with high hopes and goals. Stayton is trying hard to keep his grades up and work hard. Anthony is making strides in his career, and I am so proud of him. Jake is trying to talk, of which "uh-oh" is his best and favorite word. ha!! And I am busy setting goals for 2014 for Sleek to Chic Interiors! So far I am loving 2014 and all the work that has come with it.

My business celebrates 1 year today! I can't believe how blessed I have been this year to meet 34 clients and get over 550 Facebook likes within the first year alone! I am loving every minute of my work, the paid and unpaid moments. And I am so blessed to have a hubby who is proud of what I do and fully supports my business! Today, I am launching another Giveaway on my facebook page, so make sure you stop by there and check it out! (Search Sleek to Chic Interiors).

I was ready for change, and the little changes going on right now are feeling great! What are some goals you have for 2014? What are you loving about this new year so far?


Take care~
~Peace

Kara

1 comment: